About Jhargram Dev Block
History of Jhargram Legend has it that around 1574.AD Man Singh had come to conquer Bengal on behalf of Mughal Emperor Akbar the Great from Rajasthan(Erstwhile Rajputana Kingdom). He appointed two of his loyal officers in the army,Sarveshwar Singh and his elder brother to defeat the local tribal rulers of the region known as Jungalkhand, the area was populated by Tribals known as Santhals, Mallas ,Bhumij and Lodhas.The area belonged to Malla Raja. Raja Sarveshwar Singh together with the Rajput Military force and Cavalry invaded the deep forest region known as Junglekhanda, and defeated the tribal rulers the Mallas and adopted the surname Malla Deb and set up his kingdom with it's capital naming it Jhargram. In order to commerate this victory every year an idol of Malla Raja is made and killed on Vijaya Dasami (Dessehra) day.
After residing in the area for four months, Man Singh decided to return to Rajasthan(Rajutana) and left his loyal officers Sarveshwar Singh and his elder brother behind . As per the custom of the Royalty the elder brother would ascend the throne and become the Raja of the State and the younger brother would be the Prime Minister or Advisor to the Raja and therefore would be entitled to an allowance from the State.As youger brother Raja Sarveshwar Malla Deb desired not to go back. He was made the Raja of the Junglekhand Area subedar to the Mughal emperor Akbar and the elder brother was made the Raja of Bhishnupur or commonly known as Mallabhum.that later became independent.
This is how Man Singh established the Malla Raj or the Rajput Rule in Bengal that was divided in two parts,with the ain Capital at Bishnupur and under the your brother Sarveshwar Malla Deb with Jhargram as the capital..
Email your suggestion at firstname.lastname@example.org
- JGM/DKD/71/2013 : Sealed Tenders are invited for the following works from the solvent, bonafied and eligible contractors and tender will be received by the Pradhan, DUDHKUNDI Gram Panchayat NO.-10, Paschim Medinipur upto date and time specified here under Establishment of Water Tank
- 33/13 : TENDER NOTICE OF BANDHGORA FOR INFORMATION AND WIDE PUBLICATION for repair of Road and supply of moorum and pipe
FORMS AND DOCUMENTS
- Dept. of Panchayats and Rural Development
- Govt. of West Bengal
- Bankura NIC
- Election Department of Paschim Medinipur
- Finance Department,
- Government of West Bengal
- MGNREGA | NREGA, PASCHIM MEDINIPUR
- Official Site of Government of West Bengal
- Paschim Medinipur Zilla Parishad
- Official Website of Paschim Medinipur